In the season premiere of SportsNight, Alex Lederman and Megan O’Brien take you through the undefeated first five weeks of Northwestern football, break down women’s soccer’s breakout season, and tell the unique journeys of Dwight White and Selena Lasota. Plus, does Alex reenact the Plays of the Week?
Northwestern headed into halftime with a 10-3 lead over #21 Stanford Cardinal. Here’s some notes from the first half:
- Stanford had their way with the NU defense on the first drive. RB Christian McCaffrey got plenty of touches, and he figures to be a big part of the Cardinal’s offense this season. But on 3rd & 8 on Northwestern’s 12-yard line, QB Kevin Hogan’s pass to McCaffrey was incomplete. Good pass defense by LB Anthony Walker while DL Deonte Gibson hurried Hogan up.
- NU’s second drive much better than first. 13 plays, 69 yards. Thorson connecting with Christian Jones early, but later in the drive made a couple poor passes. Justin Jackson had two runs of at least 16 yards, and entered the second quarter with 45 yards on five rushes. He is good.
- Stanford’s fourth drive went 6 plays, 7 yards. The Northwestern defense really clamped down on the Cardinal offense after that initial drive.
- Clayton Thorson ran for a 42-yard touchdown with 6:18 left in the half. He had 63 yards, second on the team to Jackson’s 66.
- LB Anthony Walker was everywhere in the first half. The sophomore had 5 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and also recovered a fumble. An absolute monster on the field.
Preston Michelson and Jacob Murphey give you the highs and the lows of a big week in Northwestern Sports.
It’s SportsNight. . . Right Now
Welcome to our dojo. This week’s show features lacrosse, baseball, and … a selfie stick? Watch to find out why!
Lyndsey Armacost makes her debut on desk and she joins Alex Lederman and they take you through this week in Northwestern Athletics. Beware, though: puns abound.
Ethan Cohen and Olivia Reiner take you through the week in Northwestern athletics. This show includes the first episode of a documentary on former Northwestern wide receiver Kyle Prater.
Noah Fromson and Brandon Wilson take you through a hecic week in Northwestern sports.
Welcome back sports fans! In our first show of the spring Jesse Kirsch and Tara Wendell take us through the week in sports. And Noah Fromson recaps the winter. It’s SportsNight… Right Now